You are looking for information on the topic “Creating an executable jar file using Maven in IntelliJ”. toamdautien.com will gather information to answer your questions in this article. Please read this article to the end to find the information you want to see. You can also check out some other related articles here: toamdautien.com/blog Add Maven to IntelliJ, Build jar file Maven, Build JAR file Maven IntelliJ, Maven run jar file, Export jar file IntelliJ, How to build JAR file in IntelliJ, Maven build jar file command, Add dependency to IntelliJ.
View information about the Creating an executable jar file using Maven in IntelliJ
Information about this question
- Question: Creating an executable jar file using Maven in IntelliJ
- Time: Asked 43 minute ago
- Modified: Asked 55 days ago
- View: 1966
Creating an executable jar file using Maven in IntelliJ
Here are the steps to create an executable jar file using Maven in IntelliJ:
- Open your Maven project in IntelliJ.
- In the Project pane, expand the Maven folder and double-click on the
pom.xmlfile to open it.
- In the
pom.xmlfile, add the following
- In this example, we’re using the
maven-jar-pluginto create our executable jar file. The
mainClasselement specifies the fully qualified name of the class containing the
main()method that should be executed when the jar file is run.
- Open the Maven Projects pane in IntelliJ by clicking on the Maven Projects tab on the right side of the window.
- Expand your Maven project in the Maven Projects pane and double-click on the
packagegoal under the
Lifecyclesection. This will build your project and create the jar file.
- Once the build is complete, the jar file will be created in the
targetfolder of your project. You can run the jar file by navigating to the
targetfolder in your terminal and running the following command:
java -jar my-project.jar
In this example,
my-project.jar should be replaced with the name of your jar file.
That’s it! You’ve created an executable jar file using Maven in IntelliJ.
Watch videos related to “Creating an executable jar file using Maven in IntelliJ”
IntelliJ IDEA: Create an Executable JAR File with External Libraries
How to create jar file using Maven command line?
How to create executable jar file in Java?
To create an executable JAR (Java Archive) file in Java, you can follow these steps:
- Write your Java code and compile it to generate .class files.
- Create a manifest file named “Manifest.txt” with the following contents:
Main-Class: <your main class name>
<your main class name> with the fully qualified name of the class that contains your main method.
- Create the JAR file using the following command in the command prompt or terminal:
jar cfm <your jar file name>.jar Manifest.txt <your .class files>
<your jar file name> with the desired name of your JAR file, and
<your .class files> with the names of the compiled .class files that you want to include in the JAR file.
- Test your JAR file by running the following command:
java -jar <your jar file name>.jar
<your jar file name> with the name of your JAR file.
If you have done everything correctly, your Java application should now be running from the JAR file.
How to create a jar file without main class in IntelliJ?
To create a jar file without a main class in IntelliJ IDEA, follow these steps:
- Open your IntelliJ IDEA project.
- Go to File > Project Structure.
- In the Project Structure dialog, select Artifacts from the left-hand panel.
- Click the + button in the bottom left corner of the window and select JAR > Empty.
- In the JAR Settings dialog, specify the name and location of the output JAR file.
- In the Output Layout tab, click the + button and select Module Output.
- In the Module Output dialog, select the module that you want to include in the JAR file.
- Click OK to close the Module Output dialog.
- Click OK to close the JAR Settings dialog.
- Click Apply and then click OK to close the Project Structure dialog.
- Finally, go to Build > Build Artifacts and select the artifact you just created. Click Build to generate the JAR file.
The JAR file will contain all the files in the selected module, including any dependencies. However, since there is no main class specified, you will need to run the JAR file from the command line and specify the main class yourself using the
Images related to Creating an executable jar file using Maven in IntelliJ
Found 37 Creating an executable jar file using Maven in IntelliJ related images.
You can see some more information related to Creating an executable jar file using Maven in IntelliJ here
- How to create a JAR file with Maven in IntelliJ – Tutorial Works
- How to build JARs from IntelliJ properly? – Stack Overflow
- How to create a jar file with Maven – Mkyong.com
- How to make an executable jar file in java – Javatpoint
- Create Jar Library Without a Main Class – java – Stack Overflow
- Spring Boot: How to create executable JAR – ConcretePage.com
- How to Create an Executable JAR with Maven – Baeldung
There are a total of 723 comments on this question.
- 848 comments are great
- 784 great comments
- 227 normal comments
- 56 bad comments
- 50 very bad comments
So you have finished reading the article on the topic Creating an executable jar file using Maven in IntelliJ. If you found this article useful, please share it with others. Thank you very much.